Monday 20 June 2011

La Parisienne

Oh, it’s just so difficult being a Parisienne (c’est vraiment difficile.)  Like when you walk the entire distance from Parc Montsouris to Cathedrale de Notre Dame, and then onto Musee du Louvre (about 6kms if you include frequent loss of bearings and subsequent confused-circling) in high heels!  Oui, HIGH HEELS!!! 
Apart from the blisters and general discomfort, my plan seemed to be going well.  I know this because, en route, some of the locals actually mistook me for a Parisienne. (Unless of course I was mistaking the locals, mistaking me for a Parisienne)  Anyway, at about the 4km mark sadly my cover was blown, by a downpour of rain.  Being sans umbrella, I was transformed, in one soggy moment, from chic Parisienne to drowned rodent with very non-Paris hairstyle.  Being painfully aware of my ‘chic’ to ‘shite’ transformation, you can imagine my surprise when the waiter, in a cafe on the banks of the Seine, served my coffee, asked where was my husband and told me I was very beautiful.   Ah, tres Parisian!  I detected a note of inseinecerity...but took the compliment anyway.   


1 comment:

mel dyett said...

you are hysterical Jo - I am loving these blogs!!!!