Friday 17 June 2011

Parc Montsouris - Good for your Heart

I have 2 questions for you: 
Is it excessive to have two almond croissants for breakfast?
It’s ok to have a quarter litre of vin rouge at lunch time, isn’t it? Oui ou non?
Hmm, already I’m enjoying grande quantities of vin rouge et fromages et croissants et cafe creme and I can't see it slowing up, so it's possible I’ll return to Melbourne with a souvenir around my middle...C'est la vie!  Bearing that in mind though, I’m currently staying beside Parc Montsouris which is ideal for running and so I've been making sure to fit in my daily run.  It turns out that this is good for my heart, not only from a physiological sense, but from a psychological sense.  You see, if you select one of the ‘special’ park benches, on which to rest or stretch after your run, you’ll find yourself all loved up, with sweet nothings whispered in your rear.  Let me explain - Underneath these park benches are audio art installations by artist, Christian Boltanski.  They contain recordings of love declarations, whispered by students living in Paris.  The declarations begin when you sit down on the bench.  It feels so intimate, a little erotic and utterly enchanting.   I intend to go for a daily dose.

2 comments:

Pix Bix said...

Sounds fantastic. Looking forward to sharing your wonderful adventure (and some almond croissants!!!) xx

Potty Mouth said...

NO you need to drink the whole litre of vinnie rouge!!!!