Sunday 10 July 2011

Sealed Section



Paris, I’m making love to you.
Timid at first; the fresh maiden
with watchful eyes
But now I’m entering your private places,
Exploring every corner,
Embracing every curve



I’m breathing in your muskiness,
Pressing against the cracks in your walls,
tracing wrinkles
And combing through
the terracotta highlights in your hair


I go down on your left bank
and return slowly on your right
Lingering at your curves of bridges,
Overflowing with your river


I drift through your alleys,
Unwrap your lanes
I drown in you
and I love that it takes hours
to find my way to the surface again

I’m licking your ice cream
and trying to get my tongue around your tongue,
but I stumble.
You whisper ‘It’s O.K.’
Your river edges lapping
and you give me pleasure anyway


So deliciously delirious
Blind to
your other lovers
Your tobacco-stained teeth
Your piss-soaked pockets


I am but a dot
And yet you stand proud before me
For this moment you are mine
And I take you, fully


Sometimes I move beneath you
Secret tunnels pulsing
Day and night
And you take me to places I’ve never been


Radiant pink at first light,
I wake, pressed against you
and have you before my croissants and coffee
And have you after my croissants and coffee


My day is squandered on you.
And I linger a while at nightfall.
Then, slumberous and drowsy,
Your river washes over me
And I soak up the pleasure of you

6 comments:

Jonny C said...

Jo - I love hearing about your new lover.... Jonny C

SarahSligo said...

that's more like it Broomy - the real Jo is alive and well again!!!

david wheatley said...

Jo....that is a literary masterpiece! I am not kidding you! I just love it! What is Paris doing to you. Get published, Girl!

Helene said...

Here here David....was just about to say the same. Jo....what ever it is that you decide to write, is magnificent.....wonderful!!

KT said...

Sublime!

Sexy Friend (or is that Fiend) said...

omg and I thought I was sexy!! Excuse me while I get a fan (or have a shower...)